- Thinking about using NFC (near field communication) technology but don’t know where to start?
- Trying to find NFC-knowledgeable partners that’ll help you get ahead of the competition?
- Looking for new application ideas for NFC?
- Want to find quick answers to your NFC questions?
If you’ve answered ‘yes’ to any of the above then you absolutely need to visit the new and improved NFC portal – nearfieldcommunication.com! A great resource for the NFC community, this portal has undergone an extensive redesign to improve readability on PCs, tablets and smartphones. It also provides ‘at-a-glance’ NFC news and business updates as well as providing the usual but undeniably essential information on NFC technology, products, tools and design resources.
Now, according to ABI Research, NFC enabled phones are selling like hot-cakes and will exceed half a billion devices by 2014 but we need more than just NFC payment applications to make the market take notice. NFC needs more diverse applications – from different audiences and industries; from companies who are willing to push the boundaries and think outside the box. Creating a great NFC application doesn’t just rely on the device supplier – it takes an ecosystem of like-minded companies to really make NFC apps fly. One of the new areas on the NFC portal is the Partner Network – a section specifically designed to further strengthen and build that aforementioned NFC ecosystem.
So what makes the NFC Partner Network so special? Well…it’s really quite simple:
- An ever-growing number of NFC-interested companies will be listed and searchable with more detailed info available to registered users
- Large companies can highlight and promote their NFC products and services to find partners
- Small and medium companies can present their products, gain global visibility and join the already vast NFC ecosystem
- And finally, anyone and everyone interested in NFC can use the network to…well…network!
Take a look at the new portal for yourself and let us know what you think. Feedback is always welcome!