During Embedded World last year, I had the opportunity to write a blog about how we are collaborating with several leading embedded design companies to develop a robust ecosystem for the i.MX 8M applications processor.
Now, this year at Embedded World, we are delivering on that vision and are excited to announce the i.MX 8M family is fully available to the general market and our partners’ solutions are ready.
With the transformation generated by our personal devices, new standards of rich user interfaces are being demanded also for general market and industrial applications. The Smart IoT demands high-speed connectivity, smartness performance without compromising power as well as a new level of user interfaces.
The IoT continues to push general and industrial markets to develop new levels of high-speed connectivity and performance — while also providing the rich user interfaces that their users demand.
These solutions help embedded designers to meet those objectives. We’re pleased to provide a quick overview of the offerings. Or, if you’re at Embedded World, stop by our booth and see the solutions in action!
Compulab offers an i.MX 8M System-on-Module (CL-SOM-iMX8) and evaluation kit with:
- High performance graphics and image processing
- Miniature size and power efficiency
- Wide range of high-speed interfaces
Emcraft has the i.MX 8M System-On-Module (SoM), a mezzanine module, which is also available with a development baseboard. It enables:
- Advanced animated Human Machine Interface
- Video, audio and voice solutions
Innocomm brings the WB10, its next generation of wireless System-on-Module with Wifi/BT/Ethernet connectivity. It supports:
- Next generation audio-video streaming applications like Internet audio, entertainment and home audio
- IoT and industrial applications
SECO brings the SM-C12, a SMARC Rel. 2.0 compliant module with:
- Scalability for home automation, transportation, digital signage and vending machines
- Advanced security, connectivity, multimedia and real-time response
Technexion has developed the WandbPi-8M, a compact open source community board targeted for:
- Multimedia 4K HDR streaming applications
- Voice, video and audio requirements
Variscite presents its DART-MX8M CPU SoM and evaluation kits. It targets:
- Embedded applications that require high-end multimedia applications
- Portable and battery-operated products
SolidRun comes to market with its CuBox embedded computer and their HummingBoard which are:
- Tailor-made for a wide range of multimedia and IoT applications — from digital signage and voice recognition solutions to home entertainment devices