The way we interact with the technology is changing fast. Streaming content services are replacing legacy TV and Radio broadcast that is radically changing the competitive environment of these markets.
Why this is happening is not difficult to understand when you look how technology is advancing. 4K UltraHD with HDR video quality with pro audio fidelity streaming on demand directly to your house with multi-room capability. You control it from your smart phone, tablet or any other connected device.
And now can interact with technology in the most intuitive ways simply using your voice. You can issue commands in your house or use voice assisted cloud services like asking what is the weather forecast, or even buying food for your pet.
This transformation is not only revolutionizing the way we interact with technology, but also the way technology is brought to market.
NXP recently announced its new applications processors, the i.MX 8 series, which will transform interactions in ways you’ve never imagined. Specifically, the i.MX 8M Family of applications processors built with industry leading audio, video and voice processing capabilities.
As the processing capabilities increase, the complexity and scope of the development of innovative embedded systems becomes more challenging.
With that in mind, NXP is announcing a select group of early access partners that have been engaged with the development of an active world-wide ecosystem for the i.MX 8M processor. Customers are encouraged to engage immediately to leverage the expertise of all these partners; below is a summary of how they describe their development plans:
- Compulab will offer the CL-SOM-iMX8. A miniature i.MX8M System-on-Module designed for embedded applications such as industrial HMI, digital signage, gaming and audio equipment.
- Emcraft Systems will provide ARM System-On-Modules and Linux/Android/RTOS software and design services for NXP ARM Cortex-A and Cortex-M processors.
- InnoComm is designing its new generation connected system-on-module powered by NXP®’s i.MX8M processor, with Wifi/BT/Ethernet connectivity. It targets premium Audio-Video streaming applications like Internet Audio, Entertainment and Home theater.
- SECO will offer the NXP i.MX 8M SMARC 2.0 module, a scalable solution for applications like domotics or vending, requiring advanced security, connectivity, multimedia and real-time response
- SolidRun a leading embedded computing provider will develop a solution for their portfolio of SOMs, SBCs & Mini-computers for IoT & industrial markets
- TechNexion is working on their next generation product line SOMs and HMI systems around the i.MX 8M, bringing 64-bit embedded ARM solutions to customers at affordable price points and backed up by open-source software
- Variscite is developing a leading System-on-Module and Single-Board-Computer solutions based on i.MX 8M processors designed to deliver best cost/performance, production-ready software and longevity
These partners along with us will be at Embedded World in Nuremberg, Germany from March 13-16. NXP will be showcasing the capability of the i.MX 8M applications processor, so please stop by our booth 4A-220 to see the capabilities of the i.MX 8 and visit our partner’s booth to see their capabilities in enhancing the ecosystem.