The i.MX8M Mini applications processor, NXP’s first 14 FinFET applications processor for the broad embedded market launched today worldwide. Since its announcement at Embedded World in 2018, the device has been designed into a range of end devices based on its performance, price, and feature set. With the full market launch and wide availability through all major distribution channels, we now expect more companies will utilize the SoC for their future designs.
However, with the dynamic nature of today’s market, ranging from IoT and Industrial to AI/voice, we realize that the full extent of all the usage models and end products the i.MX 8M Mini is applicable for is evolving.
Realizing these market dynamics and our goal to enable device makers to create new experiences in these diverse markets, NXP enabled a range of our key embedded board partners early in the development process. These board partners are as diverse geographically and deliver customer solutions for well established markets such as industrial HMI to new markets such as machine learning or voice enabled smart home appliances.
We are excited to present the i.MX 8M Mini early access partners. We are confident that with this group of partners and solutions, we are reaching beyond our own imagination of how the i.MX 8M Mini will be used and we look forward to seeing what our customers can create and bring to market successfully.
Below is a list of the System on Modules (SoMs), Single Board Computers (SBCs) and evaluation kits from our i.MX 8M Mini partners. We are pleased to provide a quick overview and links to these offerings, or if you’re at Embedded World, stop by our booth and explore the solutions first hand.
- Designed to maximize power efficiency making it ideal for low power applications
- Optimized for video applications
- Engineered to deliver optimal results with your general-purpose human machine interface (HMI) solutions
- High performance graphics and image processing
- Ultra-miniature form-factor – 28 x 38 mm
- Ideal for space constrained and portable systems
- Designed for streaming audio devices and advanced audio processing
- Pro-level audio DSD512 for embedded applications
- Wi-Fi a/b/g/n/ac, MIMO 2×2, Bluetooth 4.2
SECO: SBC-C61 SBC
- Single Board Computer based on i.MX 8M Mini
- Cost and power optimized (LPDDR4) for IoT and machine learning applications
- Range of high speed connectivity options including FastEthernet and 802.11ac
- Cost-effective, small footprint, system-on-module
- Pin-compatible with PICO-IMX8M
- Certified Wi-Fi 802.11ac and Bluetooth
- Packed in a tiny 55 x 30 mm package
- Provides a pin2pin scalable option to the DART-MX8M
- Applications requiring high resolution video encode/decode and high quality audio