Users today demand sleek, user-friendly graphical touch screens, hands-free voice control, smooth video recording and playback, secure cloud access, along with safe and reliable real-time response. The i.MX 8X applications processor family and its partners are here to meet these safety-certifiable and efficient performance requirements for industrial control and automotive infotainment and digital cluster applications.
To increase safety and reliability, the i.MX 8X supports Error Correcting Code (ECC) on the DDR memory interface and the device is manufactured in a fully depleted silicon on insulator (FD-SOI) process, which dramatically reduces Soft Error Rates (SERs) and increases immunity to transistor latch-up.
As the device capabilities increase, so does the complexity which is why we have selected a group of partners to enable a faster time to production. The following partners have early access to the i.MX 8X family and below is a summary of their development plans:
- Variscite is developing leading System-on-Module (SOM) and Single-Board-Computer (SBC) solutions based on i.MX 8X processors designed to deliver best cost/performance and power-optimized solutions, accompanied by production-ready software and longevity commitment.
- TQ Systems GmbH is developing two Platforms / Embedded Modules based on i.MX 8X for Industry 4.0, medical and secure applications. One module has 100% access to all signal pins and the second is based on SMARC 2.0.
- Toradex is extending its successful Colibri SoM family with the i.MX 8X, a perfect solution for demanding applications requiring a large ecosystem, wireless connectivity, ready-to-use Linux BSP and long-term support.
- Digi International will deliver the Digi ConnectCore® 8X family of pre-certified, low-power SOMs and SBCs with fully integrated wireless connectivity and built-in Digi TrustFence™ security for connected industrial and medical applications.
- PHYTEC develops SOMs and SBCs to complete its line-up for industrial embedded systems. The phyCORE-i.MX 8X SOM will mainly target applications for automation and control, HMI as well as test and measurement.